Keeping Track of the City, Stats is where its at!
Reporting to the Team Leader of Vital Statistics, the successful candidate will provide front line customer service and back up the Councilors reception as required. The duties include:
- Knowledge of The Vital Statistics Functions, Assessment Roll and general knowledge of the City functions is a definite asset.
- Assist with all aspects of the Vital Statistics functions (i.e. issue Marriage Licences, schedule Civil Ceremonies with city officients, issue Burial Permits; process Death Registrations; check documents for accuracy and enter data into registration system
- Maintain the upkeep of the Vital Statistics and Marriage manual and the Civil Ceremony spread sheet
- Prepare correspondence going to hospitals, physicians, coroners, Funeral Homes or clients as required.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment that requires excellent customer service, with the ability to relate to a diverse customer base which is a major focus of this position.
- Must have strong attention to detail, problem solving and decision making skills as well in order to provide accurate information professionally and efficiently.
- Ability to recognize and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Sign various declarations and affidavits as the Commission of Oaths
- Keep a close eye on inventory and order all supplies for Vital Statistics and Marriage through The Office of the Registrar General in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly stats reports for Vital Statistics month and year end
- Order all office supplies when required by keeping track of office inventory for outages
- Prepare drawdown for payment and forward copies to A/P for processing
- Knowledge of how to use a POS (Point of Sale) machine and collect money, fill out official receipt and deposit to Cashiers department
- Prepare weekly revenue work sheet in SAP for manager's approval and forward to A/R
- Gather all receipts and prepare statement of reconciliation for manager's approval and prepare Cheque Requisitions as required
- Attend to INFOR requests and telephone enquiries as well as assist with Freedom of Information and Liquor Licence applications and processes and order courier service as required
- Assemble the Assessment Roll at year end and ensure all supplies are ordered well in advance
- Enter all Assessment Rolls as well as order any archived Assessment Rolls, Marriage, Death and Marriage Registers using OmniRim
- Assist with the distribute incoming and outgoing mail as required
- Provide daily back up at the Legislative Services reception desk and the Councilor's reception desk as required
- General staff support for Committee of Adjustment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education with a minimum of 3 – 5 years business experience preferably in a municipal environment and strong front line customer service involving face to face customer service is required
- Demonstrated experience in a team-oriented, customer service environment is required
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Outlook, Access, SAP and INFOR
- Proficiency using OmnRim, MAX and Share Point would be an asset
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients, external agencies, senior management, different levels of government, physicians / coroners and medical staff, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong planning and organizational ability; to accomplish a variety of tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Strong customer service and people management skills
- Proven team player with ability to manage conflict and effectively deal with difficult situations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and Ability to proof read and amend documents,
- Must be well organized and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish tasks, sometimes with conflicting priorities and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- Solid understanding of city policies, procedures and administrative practices would be an asset
- Must be flexible with last minute changes to break periods and lunch hour.
- Must work effectively with minimum direction or within a team setting
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $45,764 - $61,019
Closing Date: October 24, 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Corporate Services Department/ Office of the City Clerk Division/ Vital Statistics Section
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .