Do you have solid technical, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills ?
Search No more.
Are you a University or College graduate in Computer Science or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 – 5 years of solid application development, implementation, and support experience, in web and client server environments?
Do you have solid technical, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills; strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills?
Are you a team player with a 'can do' attitude with the ability to work collaboratively in team environments? Do you have a strong commitment to service excellence and total quality then consider this exciting opportunity with the City of Mississauga Information Technology Division
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
As an Application Developer you will:
- Use detailed system design specifications, follow the Software Development Life Cycle to build, debug, modify, test, and deploy high quality web (Java or .Net) and Windows SQL-based applications, integration methods and automated object level security using the Microsoft SQL/Visual Studio, web services and other APIs, Java technologies; building applications with SharePoint an asset.
- Develop data models and design databases and writing SQL queries in collaboration with Analysts
- Provide time estimates for requirements gathering, development, testing and deployment activities;
- Prepare various types of documentation including software code, client instruction, backup and recovery procedures;
- Provide help desk service support to internal clients by troubleshooting data, application, and middleware issues
- Contribute to the development of test plans and test cases, and ensure quality execution of testing and reporting of results;
- Promote a positive work environment through demonstrated initiative, actively contributing to team work,
- Collaborate and liaise with clients to problem solve issues related to: cross-departmental or inter-governmental interface systems, business processes, supporting platforms and software, data and metrics/analytics
- Perform other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFICATIONS :
The following skills and experience are required:
- At least 3 years' experience in the installation, configuration, and support of .Net applications utilizing databases including Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience using Java/JEE technologies, web development services design and development, and object oriented programming.
- Solid technical, analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills with demonstrated experience working with non-technical clients
- Ability to comprehensively understand business needs and translate them into documented technical requirements
- Strong initiative, organizational skills and ability to adapt and handle multiple tasks
The following skills and experiences are considered assets:
- Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer; Web Applications certification
- Experience implementing and supporting the Infor Public Sector (Hansen) 8.5 application & related schemas.
- PL/SQL procedures and packages, and application object work flow formulas is highly valued.
- Experience/knowledge of GIS systems
- Experience designing building and deploying reports including but not limited to Crystal Reports or Microsoft SSRS Reports
- Experience with utility billing or account management software
- Windows 10 application development, troubleshooting & support
- Experience developing and supporting SharePoint applications
- Experience delivering instructional training in a classroom setting to end-users
- Municipal, Provincial, or Federal government experience
Contract position upto 2 years
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $42.16 - $ 56.22
Closing Date: October 25, 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Temporary Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Corporate Services/ Information Technology / Enterprise Business Solutions
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .