Are you a Dynamic, Technical and Passionate Leader with expertise in IT domain ? Come join us to lead our Service Management Section.
As an IT Manager within the Information Technology Division, you are an expert-level technical leader who will be responsible for developing and delivering operational support and services to all business units across the City on behalf of IT.
You will lead a dynamic customer focussed professional team consisting of program managers, supervisors, system specialists, performance specialist, technicians and students in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate technology solutions to support corporate goals and objectives in the following.
Specific Duties of the Role:
Reporting to the Director of IT you will:
Oversee Client Services (Helpdesk) to provide front-line support to city staff for computer, printer, networking, telephone and mobile device related problems
Oversee student co-op partnership with Sheridan College. Curriculum alignment partnership – ensure programs are meeting business needs for industry; comprehensive orientation program and develop students skills to build talent pipeline for IT Oversee Desktop and Computing Support Services who are responsible for the support of all first level hardware and software deployment desktop requirements for all corporate clients
Oversee Deployment and Integration Services who are responsible for the deployment and management of Software, File and Print Services, Desktop Imaging, Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Group Policies and Desktop Patching. The main focus of this area is to automate and standardize the City’s desktop environment to ensure reliability and stability across platforms.
Provide leadership and direction in defining operational service level standards with departmental business units and applying to Helpdesk support ( to includes first call resolution goals)
Manage vendor and contract relationships and contracts in the definition of asset standards (computing needs desktop, notebooks, iPad, and smartphones) and acquisition in support of City business requirements
Manage annual replacement program for computer and smartphones to ensure resources are delivered within budget and on time through consultation and prioritization of business unit needs
Evaluate metrics from IT Help Desk calls and develop solutions to address common issues and trends, and pro-actively address issues where applicableProvide exceptional leadership and support to staff – provide coaching, performance appraisals and improvement plans, service excellence nominations, time and labour approval and plan for staffing Ensure compliance with policies, standards, guidelines and controls by applying the policies and controls fairly and consistently so employees understand what to expect
Provide regular status updates and presentation to the leadership team, on strategic direction of Service Management; often includes tactical plan for technical change roll outs
Stay informed on new and emerging trends & technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
Performs other duties as assigned
What We’re Looking For
A passionate manager who is innovative, creative, and collaborates with others to deliver on priorities - a manager who is up for the challenge of delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs.
- Must have strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Must have a strong commitment to Customer Service and relationship management
- Must have strong communication skills with the ability to present to various levels within the organization
- Must have the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Must have demonstrated experience successfully leading and delivering projects
- Must have strong technical skills
- Post-secondary education in Computing and/or Post-secondary education in Business Administration with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience within IT roles and a minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience primarily focusing in an application development, project implementation and support environment
- A Minimum of 5 years of management level experience
- Leadership and people management skills including experience managing IT staff across a diverse range of technical skill areas and levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technologies, methodologies, standards, tools, processes and best practices related to project and portfolio management and systems development
- Strong knowledge of business consulting principles and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and financial practices, and management principles to prepare, develop, administer and monitor operational plans, project budgets, and procurement activities
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with client management to build knowledge of business directions, and operations; leveraging this knowledge to identify opportunities to use technology to enable business transformation
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $107,510 - $143,346
Closing Date: 22 November 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Corporate Services / Information Technology / Service Management
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .