Lead some exciting new projects the City of Mississauga has to offer, be our Project Leader!
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
Primary Responsibilities :
Under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the efforts to manage the existing off-road trail network and continue the long term plans to implement new off-road trails either in-house and/or with the assistance of external consultants
- Project management including organizing and mapping out projects, preparing project charters, work break-down structures, project plans and schedules required for the management of capital projects
- Prepare consultant services acquisitions, Terms of Reference, proposal calls and request for quotations
- Prepare designs and conceptual imagery, master plans, grading plans, construction drawings, specifications, costing and contract documents for Community Services' capital projects
- Liaise with other City departments, Federal, & Provincial authorities, Metrolinx, Mississauga Cycling Advisory Committee, Conservation & Regional authorities, and other required external agencies
- Administer consultant and construction contracts to ensure compliance with established City standards, specifications, contract terms, conditions and budgets, and providing on site construction administration
- Coordinate and monitor site plan review, approval and building permit applications processes related to department capital projects
- Provide technical guidance, and consultative services as required to all City departments, Councillors and residents
- Assist in establishing technical and professional engineering standards for the Parks and Forestry Division
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of the Parks and Forestry Capital Budget and Forecast.
- Coordinate, attend and present at public and committee meetings or public information centres
- Prepare minutes and reports relative to projects
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Insert a Qualifications title Job Specifications:
- Graduation from a recognized university or college in Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering Technology or other related engineering program
- Registered as a Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist with designation (C.E.T./C.Tech) under the OACETT
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in park planning, design and construction including active transportation facilities is required
- Strong working background in the administration of multi-disciplinary Consultant Teams and the administration of construction contracts
- Demonstrated project and contract management skills including time management, negotiation and cost control
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of master plans, concept plans, procurement and tender documents, contract documents, specifications, construction and technical details.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Environmental Assessments and Environmental Site Assessment regulations
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and expertise in construction related to park development, trail and sports field lighting, multi-use recreational trails, off-road trails and pedestrian bridges
- Demonstrated knowledge of current planning and design standards for active transportation facilities including the Ontario traffic Manual Book 18 – Cycling Facilities
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel, MS Project and Microstation (CAD) required
- Strong writing, presentation and communication skills
- Self-directed organizational skills, problem solving and the ability to bring forward creative results in a team environment
- Experience working in a municipal environment is an asset
- Valid driver's license with access to a vehicle is required
- Maybe required to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $76,737 - $102,317
Closing Date: November 29, 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Community Services Department/ Parks and Forestry Division/ Park Development Section
Work Location: 201 City Centre Drive, Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .