The Culture Division offers registered arts, culture and heritage programs throughout the City of Mississauga. Our team is actively seeking dynamic Digital Arts Instructors for our evening and weekend programs for participants ages 9 and up starting in January 2018.
Working for the City means you are part of something big, something special! You will be part of a team of engaging, enthusiastic and dedicated people that are committed to collaborating with one another to deliver on our commitment to the residents, visitors and businesses of Mississauga.
We are hiring for the following programs primarily occurring on Saturdays and Sundays;
- App Design (ages 9 -12) and (ages 13 – 17)
- Stop Motion Animation
- Website Design for Beginners
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Literary and Digital Arts the successful candidate will be responsible for the instruction and coordination of a comprehensive Digital Arts program as outlined by the Culture Division to meet the needs of participants and to ensure adequate safety while facilitating the activity.
- Instruct comprehensive digital arts program(s) as developed by Culture Division to meet the needs of all participants in the program(s).
- Prepare and deliver lesson plans in the digital arts in a manner appropriate to the audience
- Work with groups of up to 15 participants
- Act as a knowledgeable resource and provide quality customer service to participants, parents and staff
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of all registered participants
- To ensure all facilities and equipment are safe and free from obstructions.
- Communicate in an effective and timely manner with the Program Supervisor all aspects related to facilities, staffing, participants, equipment, supplies or anything that would impact the quality and safe delivery of the program.
- Attend and participate in all trainings and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Complete all mandatory online e-Learning modules.
- Read, understand and abide by all of the City’s and Divisional Standards, Corporate Policies and Procedures, including Human Resources policies respecting Employee Conduct, Health and Safety and Freedom of Information.
- Support the objectives and philosophies of culture programs as established by the Culture Division through quality instruction and excellent customer and staff relations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and training or professional work experience in Graphic Design, Web Design, or App Design or related discipline
- Minimum 2 years of related teaching experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- Must be confident teaching various age groups and skill levels
- Minimum 16 years of age or older at the start of employment.
- Experience developing detailed lesson plans
- Excellent communication and organization skills required
- Ability to provide excellent customer service is essential
- Ability to work independently
- Expert knowledge of some or all of the following software: GIMP, Inkscape, Art Weaver, Blender, Sculptris, Houdini Apprentice, Sketchup, Wordpress, or equivalent programs is required
- Access to reliable transportation an asset
- Employment offer is conditional upon receipt of a Criminal Record Search, Vulnerable Sector Screening that is acceptable to the City of Mississauga
- The successful candidate must possess a valid Emergency First Aid and CPR B certification by employment start date. The award must be current during the employment period
- For positions instructing children 12 years of age and under, the successful candidate must possess a valid High Five, Principles of Healthy Child Development by employment start date.
Note: Hours are not guaranteed. Hours are dependent on sufficient program registration.
Hours of Work: Part-time hours
Hourly Rate: $19.33 - $24.09
Closing Date: November 22, 2018
Interview Dates: November 23-30, 2017
Number of Openings: 1 Part-time
Department/Division/Unit: Community Services/Culture Division
Work Location: Community Centres/Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .