Event Services at Celebration Square is looking for a new Supervisor, could it be you?
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Mississauga Celebration Square, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing Mississauga Celebration Square's high-profile, large-volume, external festival and events program;
- Working directly with festival and event organizers to coordinate event services, pricing and production;
- Responsible for the implementation and execution of the external Celebration Square bookings policy, event application process and venue guidelines;
- Administer third party contracts related to the Celebrations Square event operations;
- Attracting and cultivating third party-produced event organizers to Mississauga Celebration Square
- Actively strengthening and building the capacity of community-run festivals and events at Celebration Square
- Working with various departments and staff to coordinate events with a multitude of external and internal stakeholders such as community groups, volunteer organizations and professional event producers.
- Develop and implement site amenity improvements such as furniture, seasonal lighting, seasonal food trucks, and other place-making initiatives.
- Providing direct supervision, training and motivation for part time staff;
- Providing recommendations for site and operational improvements for future initiatives;
- Undertake the responsibility for high profile and sensitive issue management that relies upon a highly developed knowledge of municipal government practices and approval process;
- Encourage cross departmental thinking and collaboration, interpret individual and department concerns, anticipate issues and opportunities, take ownership, use initiative and remain solution focused;
- Utilize superior public relation and customer service skills to co-workers, management, public and politicians on related issues;
- Develop and prepare sensitive correspondence including emails, briefing notes, corporate reports, and corporate policies using political acuity, logic and exceptional judgment skills.
- Implementing and identifying improvements to existing City Standards in program delivery, City Corporate Policies and Procedures, Celebration Square bookings policy, procedures application and guidelines;
- Act as a public spokesperson and represent the city on external committees;
- Maintaining required statistics, assist with monitoring, control and recommendations for annual budget;
- Assuming the role of Manager on Duty on a regular basis;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Note: Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays with no extended vacation time during peak summer season. A valid driver's licence is necessary with an excellent driving record and access to a vehicle. Current CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Degree or diploma in Event Management, Project Management, Culture Planning or a related field
- Three to five years, special event production, project management, community development, high-profile venue bookings experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess ability to establish effective working relationships in team environment.
- Have excellent judgment and analytical skills and have a working knowledge of applicable legislative requirements.
- Knowledge of corporate grants, government grants, festivals and special events grants an asset.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, political acumen, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and budget management skills.
- Client relationship-building skills are essential.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and partners.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising strong policy and procedure discipline
- Demonstrated experience in understanding the impact of decisions, issues and outcomes to the City's reputation
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Committed to continuous improvement.
- Experience in the supervision of part-time staff and in dealing with the media is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Hours of Work: 35 hourS per week
Salary: $76,737 - $102,317
Closing Date: February 19, 2018
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: CMS/Culture/Celebration Square
Work Location:Mississauga, ON
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .