Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Performance and Innovation in the Office of the Commissioner, Corporate Services, you will lead the development and execution of the City's Performance Measures Program to strengthen the use performance measurement in the organization. You will establish the strategies, standards, best practises and change management approaches needed to provide quality data and information to drive positive service outcomes.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Lead the corporate-wide deployment of the Performance Measures Program by developing program strategy, objectives, deliverables, schedules, robust implementation plans, and comprehensive change management plans;
- Defining the standards, methodologies and roles of staff in delivering new and improving on existing performance measures for a broad variety of stakeholders and audiences (Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Commissioners)
- Prioritizes and assesses Divisional and service progress, analyzing current performance measures, and monitoring progress on action plans to improve performance measures in a Division or Service
- Partner and collaborate with teams contributing towards enhancing performance measurement in the organization including the Lean Program, Information Technology, Finance and Human Resources
- Designs and coordinates a training curriculum on the use of performance measures to improve adoption and enhance data driven decision making capabilities
- Works closely with Divisional management teams to tailor implementation plans while maintaining effective stakeholder relationships
- Supports Divisions in helping teams translate performance measurement insights into actionable business recommendations
- Prepares and reports on the progress of the Performance Measures program to the Leadership Team, Extended Leadership Team and Departmental Leadership Teams. Provides Program updates to Council when directed by LT
- Manages the Performance Measures program budget with good financial practises
- Manage the Performance Measures team to deliver exceptional results by creating a positive work environment, regularly evaluating performance, proactively developing staff, encouraging innovative approaches, and leading by example
- Contribute to the success of Corporate Performance & Innovation programs
As an accomplished professional with broad business experience, you will have a University degree in Business or Public Administration or related discipline. Additional certifications in Lean, Project Management, Change Management, and Facilitation are highly desirable. You are a results-oriented contributor with a proven track record in managing staff and delivering sustainable change management initiatives.
The Manager, Performance Measures Program is responsible for developing and implementing a consistent approach to continuous process improvement across the City of Mississauga. To do so successfully the following capabilities are a must:
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness in program delivery
- Proven ability to develop long range plans and deliver short term results
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of levels of staff
- Proven ability to lead projects to successful conclusion while following best practices
- Proven ability to develop and execute change management plans and multi-pronged communication plans
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders based on trust, respect and mutual understanding
- Ability to motivate and influence others in situations requiring cooperation and consensus
- Ability to generate innovative and creative ideas that challenge the status quo and have the potential to deliver breakthrough performance improvements
- Ability to demonstrate program success through performance measures
- Advanced oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to coach, mentor, motivate and develop staff and project teams, and be a team player
- Creative and innovative problem solving skills
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $ 95,994 - $127,987
Closing Date: 21 March 2018
Number of Openings: 1 Permanent Full-time
Department/Division/Unit: Corporate Services / Corporate Performance and Innovation
Work Location: 300 City Centre Drive
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .