Use your passion for technology for this great role!
A University or College graduate in Computer Science or related discipline, with a minimum of 3 - 5 years of solid application development, implementation, and support experience, in web and client server environments across wide and local area networks. The applicant must be a team player with a 'can do' attitude and have solid technical, analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills. Strong communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills and a commitment to service excellence and total quality are essential.
- Develop and maintain .Net Web and Windows applications using C#
- Develop system interfaces using Web Services, APIs & file exchange
- Provide integration solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Follow system design specifications
- Provide help desk service support to internal clients by troubleshooting data, application, and middleware issues
- Design databases (Microsoft SQL and Oracle) and writing SQL queries
- Develop reports using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services & Crystal Reports
- Follow the Software Development Life Cycle to build, debug, modify, test, and deploy applications
- Participate in the development and review of business requirements, process maps, and data architecture plans
- Assist in the development and reviews of detailed specification design documentation
- Contribute to the development of test plans and test cases, and ensure quality execution of testing and reporting of results
- Understand the traceability of business requirements through detailed specification development, application development and all testing cycles
- Identify gaps in functionality, logic and integrations
- Provide technical expertise as required for gap analysis, risk identification and opportunity assessments
- Collaborate with IT staff, stakeholders and vendors for management of ongoing system support and work requests, ensure quality and timely implementations into production, and participate in various forums and meetings as required
- Comply with all Information Technology service levels, change and version control, systems development methodology, standards, policies, audit and financial controls
- Keep current on emerging technology trends.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The following skills and experience are required:
- Back end development on Microsoft Windows IIS Server
- Building, testing, and debugging web related applications
- Designing databases and data modeling in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle as well as developing SQL Queries and stored procedures as required
- Previous experience with Web-based application implementations, Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) framework
- Previous experience delivering complex .Net windows and/or web applications.
- Previous experience in the conceptualization, requirements definition, design, and delivery of systems
The following skills and experiences are an asset:
- Mobile development using Cordova, Xamarin, Apple Xcode & Android Studio
- Modern development languages such as PHP, NODE.JS, Python, Ruby
- Familiar with GIS components such as ESRI, WFS/WMS, Google Maps APIs
- Interfacing with mobile peripheral devices, bar code readers, printers, RFID scanners
- Knowledge of various development technologies such as: Open UI5, OData, OAuth.
- Developing and supporting applications in SharePoint
- Municipal, Provincial, or Federal government experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Web Applications
This is where you put all the other stuff...
Note: This is a contract up to 14 months
Hours of Work: 35 hour per week
Salary: $50,000 - $100,000
Number of Openings: 1 Temporary Full-time
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, at his or her own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform City Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act .